Attend one of Baffinland’s Phase 2 Information sessions
May 24, 2017
Baffinland will be hosting an information tour in the North Baffin communities from May 29 to June 2, 2017. The events will review proposed expansion initiatives for the Mary River Project, the expected review and approval process, and provide an opportunity for community residents to provide their feedback.
In each of the communities, Baffinland will be joined by representatives from the Qikiqtani Inuit Association, the Government of Nunavut, and Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada. There will be an open house from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm and then a community meeting from 7 pm to 9:30 pm.
Find out when we will be in your community:
Clyde River May 29, 4:30 pm — 9:30 pm, Quluaq School Gymnasium
Pond Inlet May 30, 4:30 pm — 9:30 pm, Community Hall
Arctic Bay May 31, 4:30 pm — 9:30 pm, Full Gospel Church
Igloolik June 1, 4:30 pm — 9:30 pm, Atagutaaluk School Gym
Hall Beach June 2, 4:30 pm — 9:30 pm, Arnaqjuaq School Gymnasium
The events will:
- Provide information about proposed initiatives to expand Baffinland’s production
- Provide expectations for the review process of the proposed expansion moving forward
- Illustrate the improvements to the port site shipping station
- Inform community members about plans for a rail system to Milne Port
- Include opportunities for community members to ask questions and provide feedback
- Have information booths featuring information about Baffinland and what it’s like working with us
- Provide information about the jobs and training opportunities phase 2 will bring to the communities
If you have any questions, please check out our Facebook page or contact your community’s Baffinland Community Liaison Officer.